How to select the right IT College?
With so many schools offering IT-type programs, the quest for information will not be difficult. However, the following "shopping list" will provide an outline for individuals to source out the right information to ensure quality training, as well as, securing job opportunities at the completion of their training.
I.T. Training Shopping List:
1. Is the school registered with the Ontario Ministry of Training Colleges and Universities?
2. Is the school certified as an authorized education centre by software vendors like Microsoft, Comptia, Macromedia and others to offer programs from these vendors?
3. How long has the school been in business? Do they have a presence and reputation in their community? How many campus locations do they have?
4. Is there an actual admissions process in order to assess the student's current standing and their needs, or are they just anxious to get some students in their classrooms?
5. What types of financing options are available to students?
6. Are the courses Instructor-led, Self-paced or Computer-based? How does this match your learning style?
7. What are the qualifications of the Instructors?
8. Is the curriculum offered by the school up- to-date with industry trends? Is it curriculum authorized by the software vendors? Does it lead to industry-recognized certification or diplomas?
9. Are there any hidden costs such as exam vouchers or books?
10. What quality of equipment and lab facilities does the school offer?
11. Is there job placement support for the students when they complete their training?
12. Does the school provide adequate career management support like resume writing, interviewing and job search guidance? Ask to meet the individuals that provide these services to ensure they are qualified to do so.
13. How many students have graduated and been placed in careers? Ask to speak to past graduates of the school to share their experiences.
Quality educational organizations will be pleased to share the answers to these questions to potential students and demonstrate how they have met their commitments to past students.
Call triOS today, and find out the questions to your answers.
For more info, CALL us now at 1-888-282-3893 or Request Information with our EMAIL FORM above.