Junior Network Administrator (Immediate, Full-time, Contract)
triOS College Business Technology Healthcare Inc. is actively seeking an IT professional interested in joining our team as a Junior Network Administrator.
This is a one-year contract opportunity.
The primary purpose of this position to ensure the operational integrity of triOS Corporation’s computer and network infrastructure. This includes planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, monitoring and optimizing all systems and network hardware, software and communication links. Specific key responsibilities include:
• Provide technical support of staff and students via telephone, email and direct contact.
• Maintain servers and network on a day-to-day basis including but not limited to patching, performance monitoring and tuning in conjunction with other IT department members.
• Maintain an inventory and awareness of the various pieces of equipment in the field and evaluate them periodically for functionality and capability.
• Research both threats and opportunities within our network and develop plans to combat or exploit those discoveries.
• Troubleshoot and resolve/repair computer and network hardware and software issues.
• Coordinate and provide quality control of PC/Server repairs performed by campus student IT staff, vendors, etc.
• Assist IT staff in campus with both IT and facilities management related tasks (E.g. Classroom builds, field computer repairs, etc.).
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Post-secondary education degree or diploma in a program related to Information Technology.
• Industry recognized certifications, specifically related to Microsoft, would be considered an asset.
• 3-5 years of experience working in a related IT position and administrative experience from a comparable business environment.
• Customer focused and service oriented.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to work with employees and end-users at various skill levels.
• Confident working independently as well as in a team setting.
• Strong organization skills and detail oriented.
This is a one-year contract position.
Hours of Work:
Hours of work will be 8am to 5pm. Some adjustment to regular work hours may be required to accommodate for project work.
The scheduled start for this opportunity is immediate.
This position will be based out of the Campus Support Centre in Mississauga.
The successful candidate must have an Ontario driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle for travel between campus locations.
How to Apply:
If you or someone you know is interested in applying to this opportunity, please submit your resume via email in MS Word or PDF format to email@example.com. Please note the successful candidate will be required to complete a criminal background check.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.