triOS College recognizes the need for support among refugees arriving in Canada. We’re happy to announce that we are providing assistance to those who are considering post-secondary education by offering a $5,000 bursary to eligible refugee students.
This bursary can be used towards a full-time diploma program at any of our eight campuses across Ontario; a total of 5 bursaries will be available. triOS is happy to help make a difference in the lives of those who need it most. We’re striving to help our students make the best life for themselves, and understand the important role education can play in their success. We want to be instrumental in helping to create a platform for refugees to rebuild their lives, and strongly believe that triOS is the place to give them a head start.
Terms and Conditions
To be eligible for the Refugee Bursary, you must be:
- A refugee or protected person currently residing in Canada or a refugee who was granted permanent residency after January 1, 2017;
- Valid for new students who enroll in a full-time diploma program at triOS that starts between August 1, 2020 and July 31, 2021;
- May not be combined with any other bursary or program discount.
Requirements for application:
- A brief one page (500 word) essay outlining the applicants’ goals in Canada;
- A copy of the applicant’s resume.
- The value of this bursary is $5000.
- All other fees and books are at the student’s cost.
Award Payments and Conditions
- The Award will be listed on your student contract. It will be reviewed by our Financial Aid Officer as part of your application to enroll.
- If you withdraw from studies, the value of the Award will be reduced or canceled, based on standard term withdrawal deadlines.
- The Award has no monetary value other than towards the cost of tuition.
- The fiscal status of the award will be in accordance with the Canadian Income Tax legislation.
The application for the Refugee Bursary will be submitted to the Administrative Team at triOS College for review. You will be notified of the status of your award within 10 business days of submission of the Refugee Bursary Application and Enrollment into triOS College. All bursaries must be reported to Canada Student Loan or any other funding agencies.