triOS College recognizes the need for support among refugees arriving in Canada, and is stepping up to provide assistance to those who are considering post-secondary education.
By offering a bursary that can be used towards a full-time diploma program at any of our nine campuses across Ontario, we are helping to create a platform for refugees to rebuild their lives. A total of 10 bursaries will be available.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
To be eligible for the Refugee Bursary, you must be: Refugee Bursary Application
1. A refugee or protected person currently residing in Canada or a refugee who was granted permanent residency after January 1, 2016.
2. Valid for new students who enroll in a full-time diploma program at triOS that starts between August 1, 2017 and July 31, 2018.
3. May not be combined with any other bursary or program discount.
Requirements for application:
1. A brief one page (500 word) essay outlining the applicants’ goals in Canada.
2. A copy of the applicants resume.
1. The value of full-time tuition fees is up to the lessor of $10,000 or the cost of Year One Tuition.
2. All other fees and books are at the student’s cost.
Award Payments and Conditions
1. The Award will be listed on your student contract. It will be reviewed by our Financial Aid Officer as part of your application to enroll.
2. If you withdraw from studies, the value of the Award will be reduced or cancelled, based on standard term withdrawal deadlines.
3. The Award has no monetary value other than towards the cost of tuition.
4. The fiscal status of the award will be in accordance with the Canadian Income Tax legislation.
The application for the Refugee Bursary will be submitted to the Administrative Team at triOS College for review. You will be notified on the status of your award within 10 business days of submission of the Refugee Bursary Application and Enrollment into triOS College. All bursaries must be reported to OSAP, Second Career, or any other funding agencies.