Database Administrator with SaaS and Cloud Experience (Immediate, Full-time)
Lifecycle Systems Inc., a division of triOS Corporation, is actively recruiting for a Database Administrator that has SaaS and Cloud experience to join our software development team.
As a Database Administrator, you will focus on our SQL database environment that supports our SaaS platform offerings and work as a member of an agile software development team to help implement new functionality based on business requirements. You will also support optimization throughout all of our environments, from development, to staging, to production.
• Provide real-time monitoring/feedback of SQL environments to support Lifecycle SaaS offerings.
• Coordinate database backup/restore operations.
• Perform databases space usage monitoring/reports; tablespace, provide space grow estimates based on usage patterns and business growth.
• Work with Development Team to improve/optimize the applications usage of database resources.
• Proactively maintain the overall health of the database and servers.
• Configure, implement and provide tiered support for incident resolution based on SLA.
• Work towards Optimal SQL server configuration.
• Address and maintain licencing for core infrastructure.
• Oversee, maintain and expand SQL server high availability/clustering.
• Help drive our migration to cloud based data technologies to support our SaaS platform.
• Assist with business intelligence, data warehouse or cube requests.
• Oversee, maintain and expand SQL cluster and web farms.
• Review database functions and maintenance of tables, views, procedures and other objects.
• Leverage MS Excel for quick data export and manipulation with formulas, pivot tables and scripts.
• Build and manage client and platform migration ETL for core platform.
• Analyze and understand business requirements that impact the databases and working with customers to define, document and implement their data and reporting/SSRS needs.
• Compare database versions and perform merge and expand operations for multi-client platforms.
• Migration of SaaS platform from WAN to private/public cloud infrastructure.
• Maintain and transition SaaS/Cloud platform database structures to Azure.
• Develop data cleansing and error processing routines, which ensure data is loaded into database correctly and completely.
• Database performance tuning and indexes.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Degree, diploma, certifications or equivalent work experience.
• Over 5 years of experience supporting a complex, highly available database environments.
• Strong verbal, presentation and written communication skills with the ability to work with employees and end-users at various skill levels.
• Cloud and SaaS platform experience.
• Direct SQL Server 2008+ database administration experience.
• Understanding of IT and core networking topology.
• Ability to adjust work schedule to accommodate projects.
Hours of Work:
Typical business hours are 8am-5pm. Flexibility with working hours will be required to accommodate projects.
This position will be based out of Mississauga.
The scheduled start for this position is immediate.
How to Apply:
If you or someone you know is interested in applying to this opportunity, please submit your resume via email in MS Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note the successful candidate will be required to complete a criminal background check.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.