Employment Specialist (Immediate, Full-time)
triOS College Business Technology Healthcare Inc. Toronto campus is actively seeking an Employment Specialist to join the campus career services team.
The primary function of this role is to successfully place triOS graduates into jobs in an industry related to their training through business development activities and to provide students with the knowledge and skills to conduct an independent job search to secure employment. The successful candidate will also identify internship hosts and place triOS students into internships in roles related to their training. This role involves cold calling employers and networking at events. Conducting student orientations and managing student information are required functions of this role.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in recruitment, business development and/or career counselling.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience teaching/training adults in career management, employment facilitation, and one-to-one counseling is preferred.
- Post-secondary education in social sciences, education, psychology, business, and/or career development.
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills.
- Strong organizational, problem solving and time management skills.
- Customer focused and service oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven proficiency with MS Office applications, specifically Word and Excel.
- This position will require the successful candidate to have their own vehicle, valid provincial driver’s license, and credit card.
Hours of Work:
This position is a permanent full-time position.
Hours of work will be assigned by the Toronto Campus, Campus Director.
When scheduled, the successful candidate will teach the evening career management classes. These will be scheduled from 6pm-10pm, Monday to Friday.
Additional evening work will be required from time-to-time to attend career fairs, open houses, business development networking events and other events scheduled into the evening.
The scheduled start for this opportunity is immediate.
How to Apply:
If you or someone you know is interested in applying to this opportunity, please submit your resume via email in MS Word or PDF format to email@example.com. Please note the successful candidate will be required to complete a criminal background check.
This position is compensated with a base salary plus performance incentives relating to success in supporting our students and graduates find employment. Target total compensation for this position is within the range of $50,000.00 - $55,000.00 per year.
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.