Business - Part-time - Instructor
The primary purpose of the instructor position is to plan, organize, and deliver curricula to international students in an instructor led environment. The Accounting Instructor will be responsible to teach and facilitate the Accounting course to international students in the Global Business Management post-graduate certificate program. The instructor will evaluate student performance relating to the curricula using a variety of assessments. The instructor will assist with activities to support student success, including student job placement, industry liaison and administrative functions where required.
The Instructor will support the vision, mission and values of triOS College, while contributing to a positive, supportive and student-focused team environment of respect, integrity, dedication and readiness; embracing diversity and fostering inclusion.
- Prepare daily lesson plans.
- Prepare lecture/lab and class materials with other faculty.
- Share best practices, lesson plans and materials with other faculty.
- Develop and/or utilize a variety of instructional strategies, techniques and delivery methods designed to meet the individual learning styles of students.
- Instruct assigned courses in accordance with course competencies.
- Effectively use the learning management system (LMS), D2L Brightspace, to access course content.
- Ensure students can access the LMS platform.
- Prepare and grade tests, assignments and examinations.
- Administer assessments using the LMS platform.
- Submit all grade supporting materials, projects and manuals within 5 business days of completing the assigned course to the Program Administrator.
- Inform students about course requirements, evaluation procedures, attendance policies, and provide students with a copy of course outline to review.
- Ensure students are meeting academic guidelines and communicate progress to the International Education Manager.
- Participate in field trips, new student orientation, student events, and graduation ceremonies.
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures and ensure education is delivered within the guidelines of the Quality Assurance Framework.
Knowledge & Skill Requirements:
- Demonstrated leadership skills including inspiration, motivation and facilitation.
- Strong prioritization and interpersonal skills to balance multiple demands.
- Ability to resolve student concerns and escalate accordingly if required.
- Readiness and willingness to apply different ways of communicating to accommodate various learning styles.
- Team player.
- Ability to facilitate group sessions and presentations.
- Strong English skills; reading, writing and verbal.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of the ISO Charter is preferred.
- Knowledge of Supply Chain Management and Logistics is an asset.
- University degree in Accounting is required.
- Chartered Professional Accounting (CPA) designation is required.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience working in an Accounting role is required.
- A Masters in Accounting, Business or Finance is preferred.
- A degree or diploma in adult education is considered an asset.
- Understanding of Adult Learning Principles is preferred.
- Teaching experience is considered an asset.
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency using MS Project software.
- Knowledge of D2L Brightspace or another Learning Management System is considered an asset.
- Valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle and personal credit card are required.
- The successful candidate will be required to undergo and provide acceptable criminal record check.
Hours of Work:
This position is a part-time opportunity. Hours of work will be either 5:35pm-10:35pm on Tuesdays, OR 6pm-10pm on Fridays.
252 Queen St. East, Brampton, ON L6V 1C1.
The scheduled start for this opportunity is immediate.
How to Apply:
If you or someone you know is interested in applying to this opportunity, please submit your resume via email in MS Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About triOS College:
triOS College Business Technology Healthcare Inc. is a Canadian owned Registered Private Career College in Ontario. At triOS we strive to be the very best at what we do, both in the eyes of our students and coworkers. It is the dedication of our employees that has resulted in triOS as being recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for 9 consecutive years. Our college was founded on familial values and these have been retained for the last 27 years. We are truly a team in every sense and work collaboratively towards our common goal of preparing job-ready graduates. Our teams are highly motivated and passionate about the work they do and the impact they have on changing the lives of each student that studies at the college. A career at triOS provides you with an opportunity to truly make a difference in the community. We look forward to connecting with you!
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process.
Please note the successful candidate will be required to undergo and provide an acceptable criminal record check.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.