Administration - Full-time - Job
Campus Support Centre - Mississauga
The primary responsibility of this position is to support the ongoing operation and development of new and existing programs and courses for on-ground delivery in the college. You will assist the Manager of Academic Development and Instructional Design in the continuous improvement effort to ensure course quality standards are met.
The Instructional Designer will support the vision, mission and values of triOS College, while contributing to a positive, supportive, and student-focused team environment of respect, integrity, dedication and readiness; embracing diversity and fostering inclusion.
- Develop ideal learning outcomes.
- Collaborate with the Academic Services team to design course component templates.
- Ensure that course materials are in a consistent and standard format for instruction.
- Contribute to the ongoing validation that the College’s admission of aptitude.
- Solicit and build instructional consensus and development buy-in.
- Select and execute best method for curriculum development (build, buy, customize).
- Coordinate and lead major curriculum repair, revamp and update efforts as identified by faculty, students, etc.
- Lead in the preparation of a program for accreditation.
- Research and evaluate content providers for suitability in our classrooms.
- Communicate rationale behind choices in curriculum, books, software, inc.
- Lead and liaise between Academic Services and the school at large for questions related to program construction, learning outcomes, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent post-secondary education.
- Previous experience in an adult education environment.
- Two (2) or more years of business administration experience, preferably at an education institute.
- Two (2) or more years of course development/instructional design experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, in particular Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of instructional design and course development principles (ADDIE model/backwards design model)
- Working knowledge of project management principles.
- Demonstrated people and coordination skills, with a customer-focused perspective and recognition of stakeholders.
- Experience with page layout, content editing and formatting of Word documents.
- Demonstrated knowledge of instructional design and course development processes.
- Working knowledge of document and file management.
- Prioritization and interpersonal skills to balance multiple demands.
- Research, navigation and Internet skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong English in both spoken and written communication.
- Well-developed team skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Valid driver’s license, reliable vehicle and personal credit card are required.
- The successful candidate will be required to undergo and provide an acceptable criminal record check.
Hours of Work:
This position is a permanent full-time opportunity. Hours of work will be 8am-5pm, Monday to Friday.
6755 Mississauga Road, Mississauga, ON L5N 7Y2.
The scheduled start for this opportunity is immediate.
About triOS College:
triOS College Business Technology Healthcare Inc. is a Canadian owned Registered Private Career College in Ontario. At triOS we strive to be the very best at what we do, both in the eyes of our students and coworkers. It is the dedication of our employees that has resulted in triOS as being recognized as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for 10 consecutive years. Our college was founded on familiar values and these have been retained for the last 27 years. We are truly a team in every sense and work collaboratively towards our common goal of preparing job-ready graduates. Our teams are highly motivated and passionate about the work they do and the impact they have on changing the lives of each student that studies at the college. A career at triOS provides you with an opportunity to truly make a difference in the community. We look forward to connecting with you!
Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process.
Please note the successful candidate will be required to undergo and provide an acceptable criminal record check.
We thank all Applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.