Study in Canada

At triOS College, you will find the ultimate learning experience for international students.

Canada is a beacon for outstanding education in the world today. There are endless possibilities for personal and professional growth while you develop your skills with a hands-on academic approach and transition into the community-based lifestyle.

At triOS College, you will find the ultimate learning experience for international students. By choosing to study in Canada, you are choosing to start a life that includes a highly regarded education and an opportunity to start a career that you can be proud of.

Once you have met all of the needed entrance requirements and been granted acceptance from triOS College, you will need to apply for a Study Permit through Citizenship and Immigration Canada.

A Study Permit grants you legal permission to reside in Canada for the duration of your studies. To be issued a Study Permit you will need to follow the procedures outlined by the Canadian government office in your country of residence, and may have to provide some or all of the following documents:

  • Valid Passport
  • Letter of Acceptance issued by triOS College
  • Proof of financial support (receipt of tuition fees paid in full)
  • Proof of Medical Clearance
  • Criminal Record Statement

Moving to Canada to study is a big step for anyone to take. triOS prides itself on being a college that will lend a helping hand to its international students to make sure that their learning experience in Canada is as positive as possible.

From the moment you decide to consider triOS College, there is assistance offered to you.

Admission Requirements for International Students

At triOS our admission process for international students is easy. Just follow these six steps:

  • Step 1: Choose a Program

Knowing what you want to do isn’t always the easiest thing – most of us aren’t born with the knowledge of what we will end up doing for a living. But that doesn’t mean that it has to be a struggle! Our Education Consultants are here to help you narrow in on your goals and aspirations. Unsure about whether you want to be a Medical Office Assistant or an Accounting and Payroll Specialist? That’s OK – we help you find out which program will be best suited for you.

After seeing thousands of students turn into successful graduates, we know what it takes to turn your thoughts into a reality – the reality of being happily employed in a field that you love.

triOS offers exciting diploma programs in Business, Technology, Healthcare, Law, and Supply Chain.

  • Step 2: Fill Out Your Contact Information

1) Fill out your information using the form on this page.

2) Call 1-800-898-7467 to speak to a representative.

  • Step 3: Admission Requirements

Once you have filled out the Contact Information form, your Education Consultant will be in touch with you to go over the entrance requirements which may include:

– You must be at least 18 years old to attend triOS College;

– English Proficiency (IELTS/TOEFL/CAEL) is required if you live in a country where English is not the first language;

– Entrance Testing and securing a proctor (if required) – Our Education Consultants will walk you through an easy, step-by-step process to ensure you are ready and motivated to begin your international learning experience.-

  • Step 4: Payment Plan and Deposit Payment

Once the entrance requirements have been met, your Education Consultant will draft a payment plan for you and you will be required to make a 25% deposit of the full program cost. All payments must be made in Canadian Dollars. Included in the 25% is a non-refundable $500.00 administration fee if the application is cancelled or the visa is denied.

  • Step 5: Letter of Acceptance

Once your payment has been remitted, we will release to you a Letter of Acceptance that you will need to apply for your study VISA.

  • Step 6: Apply For Your Study Visa

triOS College is authorized by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to accept and enroll international students!

triOS College’s (DLI) Designated Learning Institution number is: O19361101002. We can be found on CIC’s DLI list here:

Send a copy of your study visa when approved.

Please note that students who graduate from diploma programs at triOS, or any other private career college, are currently not eligible to receive a Post Graduate Work Permit. If you are seeking a Post Graduate Work Permit, we recommend that you consider attending a publicly funded college.

These admissions requirements apply to all students for all triOS Diploma Programs, who are not a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident or Protected Person. 

Admission Test or Secondary School Equivalency Requirement 

International Applicants over the age of 18 years old, must either:

a) Write the triOS Academic Achievement Test (the Wonderlic Admissions test) and receive a minimum test score that is approved for the program that the student is applying for; 


b) Provide proof of academic standing equivalent to the Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma (OSSD).

For students who are under the age of 18 years old:

You must provide proof of academic standing equivalent to the Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma (OSSD). International students under the age of 18 years old do not have the option of writing the Wonderlic Admissions Test. International students under the age of 18 will also need to have their student enrollment contract signed by a parent or legal guardian.

Students who do not write the “Wonderlic Test” must provide proof of academic standing equivalent to the Ontario Secondary School Graduation Diploma (OSSD).

Some examples of certificates equivalent to OSSD include:

  1. For England, Asian countries, the West Indies and Africa: the General Certificate of Education with grades of A, B, C, or 1, 2, 3, in five academic subjects at the “O” or Ordinary level;
  2. Hong Kong : Certificate of Education with credit in five academic subjects or pass standing in six academic subjects;
  3. Chinese University of Hong Kong Entrance Examination with a pass in five academic subjects;
  4. PR China Senior Middle School Certificate;
  5. Russia and the States of the Former Soviet Union: Attestation (Attestat) of complete secondary education.

Students must provide the following to triOS, (or a third party agent at the discretion of triOS), for evaluation:

  • An original or certified copy of a diploma/leaving/graduation certificate;
  • An original or certified copy of academic qualifications (academic transcripts showing grades and marks achieved);
  • An official English translation if the academic documents are not in English.

triOS occasionally works with third party credential evaluation service providers. Depending on the location where your education was taken, applicants may be asked for consent to share this information with third party agencies, such as World Education Services, for the purpose of credential evaluation.

Program Specific Entrance Requirements 

In some cases, a Proctor may be required for you to write your Wonderlic Admissions Test, and/or any other program specific entrance tests. Please contact a triOS Education Consultant to arrange for exam proctoring services. Students are responsible for paying for the cost of Exam Proctors if necessary.

English Language Proficiency Requirement 

Applicants from countries where English is not the only language of common usage will be required to submit proof of English proficiency as measured by one of the following recognized tests: TOEFL, IELTS or CAEL.

The following are the required test scores for all triOS Diploma programs:

TOEFL Paper-based test – Minimum score of 550 required

TOEFL Internet-based test – Overall minimum score of 80 required, with minimum scores of 20 in Writing, Reading, Listening and Speaking.

IELTS – Minimum overall band of 6.0, with no single test score below 5.5

CAEL – Minimum overall score of 60

Please provide the name “triOS College Business Technology Healthcare” and the full campus address at the time of taking the test. Test scores are to be sent from one of the testing agents directly to triOS.

If you choose to take the TOEFL test, the triOS College Institution Code is 0535.

Information about the language proficiency test can be found by visiting the testing agency website:

Only tests taken in the last two years are considered valid.

Language Proficiency Test Exemptions

The following applicants are exempt from submitting TOEFL, IELTS, or CAEL scores:

1.International students who completed a minimum of two years of full-time secondary or college level education in one of the countries where English is an official or the only language of common usage (check below if your country is listed on our ESL exemption list).

2.International students who obtain an International Baccalaureate in English from one of the International Schools’ members of the Council of International Schools (

3.International students who received a passing score on the CAAT administered at triOS College (students physically present in Canada who wish to take the CAAT should call International Admissions for more information).

All other students must submit their valid TOEFL, IELTS, or CAEL scores to our International Admissions.

Only tests taken in the last 2 years are considered valid.

Students who completed at least two years of secondary education in one of the countries listed below are deemed exempt from TOEFL, IELTS, or CAEL:

  • Antigua and Barbuda 
  • Australia 
  • Bahamas 
  • Barbados 
  • Belize 
  • Bermuda 
  • Botswana
  • British Virgin Islands 
  • Canada (all provinces except Quebec)
  • Cayman Islands 
  • Dominica
  • Fiji
  • Gambia
  • St. Kitts and Nevis
  • St. Lucia 
  • St. Vincent & the Grenadines 
  • Sierra Leone 
  • Solomon Islands 
  • South Africa 
  • Tanzania 
  • Trinidad & Tobago 
  • Uganda
  • United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales)
  • United States 
  • Zambia 
  • Zimbabwe

Application Fees, Deposit, and Refund Policy 

International students who are outside of Canada at the time of application:

The registration deposit is equal to 25% of their total program fees.

The registration deposit will be applied to tuition if the student attends school.

If the student does not attend school, then $500 will be retained as an administration fee and the balance will be refunded.

All registration deposits must be made in Canadian dollars. Any refund of any fees will be made in Canadian dollars.

International students who are in Canada at the time of application:

A registration deposit of $500 is required. This deposit will be applied to tuition if the student attends school.

If, however, the student does not attend school, then the $500 will be retained as an administration fee and will be non-refundable.

Visa and Study Permit Requirement 

Before applying for a Visa or Study Permit you must have successfully met all admission requirements.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) requires that students have paid their registration deposit to their school, in advance, and students must demonstrate that they have done this in advance of submitting their visa and study permit application.

Proof of financial support is required.

You must provide proof that you can support yourself and the family members who accompany you while you are in Canada.

For further information, please visit:

Students must have a valid Visa that allows them to enter and study in Canada.

For programs that are less than 6 months in duration, generally students may study at triOS if they have a valid temporary resident Visa that does not expire prior to the study period end date.

For programs that are greater than 6 months in duration, students must have a valid Study Permit.

triOS College has been officially designated as a Learning Institute by Citizenship & Immigration Canada. triOS has received a Designated Learning Institution Number (triOS College DLI Number is: O19361101002) which indicates that we are permitted to provide international students with education by the Government of Canada.

Students that wish to apply for a study permit (after June 1, 2014), will need a letter of acceptance from a designated learning institution. You need to include the Designated Learning Institution number (DLI #), on your application form.

To access the Designated Learning Institution list, please visit:, choose Ontario and type triOS into the ‘filter items’ box.

For more information about studying in Canada, please visit the Citizenship and Immigration Canada website:

Students must provide a copy of their visa and study permit, if required, prior to starting their program.

Passport Requirement 

Students must provide a copy of their passport, showing an expiry date that is later than their last day of studies, prior to starting their program. Students must present their actual passport to be viewed by a triOS Staff member, at the triOS Campus, prior to starting their program.

Health Insurance Requirement 

All triOS International students, who start full-time diploma programs after January 1, 2015, will be provided with standard healthcare insurance for the duration of their study period.

Health insurance coverage is a mandatory requirement for international students. (Government-funded healthcare is not provided to international students.)

Health insurance coverage is also a mandatory requirement for spouses and dependent children who are accompanying or visiting an international student. The student is responsible for arranging this for his/her spouse and dependent children.

Standard coverage for emergency health services is found here:


Students must be under age 65 as of their scheduled end date. There will be an additional surcharge for insurance coverage for students over the age of 65 There will be no reduction in tuition for international students who already have health insurance coverage

For further questions, we recommend contacting:Website: