ACCOUNTING & PAYROLL SPECIALIST
TIME:Morning or Afternoon
DURATION:37 - 45 Weeks
NOC CODE:1432PROGRAM OUTLINE
The Accounting & Payroll Specialist program provides students with exposure to the professional business environment, which will help them develop skills appropriate for a wide range of careers. Graduates will learn the essential skills needed to thrive in a business environment. In general, graduates will be able to apply widely accepted accounting principles to the business affairs of an organization.
They will also apply their skills using manual accounting as well as computerized accounting systems. Keeping compliant with government legislation, graduates will also be able to prepare accounting documentation as it relates to the payroll cycle and communicate payroll issues to various stakeholders in an organization.
- Associate Membership in the Canadian Payroll Association
- Successful graduates of this program will be eligible to pursue the Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) certification from the Canadian Payroll Association (CPA)
- Training on the latest software applications required by employers
- Career Services assistance
- Microsoft Office, Microsoft Imagine Standard and Windows are included in the program fees
- 8 week internship!
The Accounting & Payroll Specialist program will qualify graduates to pursue positions such as Payroll Specialist, Accounts Payable Clerk Accounts Receivable Clerk, and Accounting Assistant. Note: Some career and education options may require advanced degrees, further training or experience.
There are more than 1.1 million employer businesses in Canada. Of that number, 98 per cent are small businesses."16 Facts About Small Businesses in Canada -Lendified." Lendified. N.p., 09 Mar. 2016.
EMPLOYERS WHO HAVE RECENTLY HIRED triOS GRADS
- BKC Accounting & Tax Preparation
- First Ontario Credit Union
- Trillium Bookkeeping Services
- Royal Bank of Canada
- ACI Tax Services
- London Tax & Accounting
- and many more
Average Wage ($/hr) - $23.70
High Wage ($/hr) - $34.62
Successful graduates of this program who earn the appropriate passing grades for the Canadian Payroll Association (CPA) courses, namely Payroll Compliance Legislation, Payroll Fundamentals I and Payroll Fundamentals II (a minimum of 65% overall in each course, and earn at least 65% on each of the final exams), will be eligible to pursue CPA’s Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) certification. The PCP designation is nationally recognized as the standard of excellence for payroll training.
To be fully certified, PCP candidates must satisfy other criteria:
• Obtain the Introduction to Accounting transfer of credit;
• Maintain CPA membership either through an individual membership (a 1-year individual Associate Membership is included in this triOS program), or through a company that has a Business membership;
• Complete the CPA’s Work Experience Requirement Application (WERA) process, to demonstrate 1 year of experience (within 5 years after the start of the Payroll Compliance Legislation course) in which your job role involves "paying employees accurately and on time, in compliance with legislative requirements, contributing to the full annual payroll cycle"';
• Complete the online Certification Declaration.
High School Graduation Diploma or Mature Student Status (18 years of age and academic achievement assessment passed). In addition, an entrance assessment must be successfully passed.
RESOURCE ARTICLE: LEARNING THE LANGUAGE OF ACCOUNTING AND PAYROLL
Every company has its key positions, such as Chief Executive Officer, Chief Operating Officer, and Vice President, but it is time to also recognize accounting professionals as equally fundamental. There is an old belief that only the most boring people choose accounting as a profession, but that is no longer true. Accountants are intelligent and energetic specialists performing a vital role in today’s business world. Without a steady grip on the financial helm, companies simply could not function.
The Accounting and Payroll Administrator program prepares students for a role in crafting decisions that make a successful business possible, while also providing important skills they will utilize in their personal lives ...continue reading!
Discover a rewarding career in the business sector!
Contact triOS College now to book a free career consultation, simply fill out the form on this page to get started!