Web & Development Fundamentals
Find your passion and step into the challenging field of technology. With this 42-week diploma program, you can learn how to succeed in the field of web development and design.
As a Web & Development Fundamentals graduate, you will qualify for positions such as:
- Web Programmer/Developer
- Application Programmer/Developer
- Internet Site Designer
- Software Programmer/Developer
- Mobile Web Developer
- Database Programmer/Developer
Employers Who Have Hired triOS Grads
- Ad Films
- Challenger Motor Freight Inc.
- Cyberteks Design
- Department of National Defence – Atlantic
- FPM3 Marketing
- National Research Council
- Philip & Henry Productions
- Stream International Canada Inc.
- TNP Group
- Tech Alliance
*Employment Rate based on 2021 contactable triOS graduates employed in a related field within 12 months.
NOC Code: 2174/21232 & 2175/21234 - **Wage data rounded down to the nearest dollar. Average wage doesn't reflect the starting salary but represents the middle value between lowest to highest wages. Local (or regional) income may vary. Last updated in Dec. 2022.
Are you looking for an interactive IT program that will teach you all about software development? If so, then triOS College’s Web & Development Fundamentals program is just what you need to break into this industry.
When you enroll in this program, you will receive:
- an 8-week internship for hands-on experience
- registered and approved diploma
- 2 exam vouchers to write the certifications you wish to pursue*
- practice tests (where applicable)
- career services
- job search assistance
- alumni program benefits
Below is a list of core technologies, tools, and methodologies that you’ll work with in this program:
- Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, and XD)
- Visual Studio Code, IntelliJ IDEA, and Apple Xcode
- HTML and CSS
- Fedora and Ubuntu Linux
- Git and GitHub
- Agile, Scrum, and Kanban practices
- Java and Swift
*The courses in this program relate to 3 industry certification examinations leading to the following designations, which are frequently used as a benchmark for hiring:
- Adobe Photoshop ACA
- Adobe Illustrator ACA
- Oracle Java Associate
HTML and CSS
Linux Web Hosting and Wordpress
Student Success Strategies
Version Control and Collaboration
Web & Development Fundamentals Internship
- have an Ontario Secondary School Diploma or equivalent
- be at least 18 years old when or before the program begins AND pass a qualifying test* that has been approved by the Superintendent. (The approved qualifying test for this program is the Wonderlic test with a passing score of 20.)
* If you’re applying from other Canadian provinces, you must:
- be at least 19 years old,
- be out of high school for at least 1 year when the program starts, and
- successfully pass an academic achievement test.
Please contact us for more details regarding admissions requirements if you are an international student.
My experience at triOS College - Windsor campus was topnotch. The faculty and office staff went above and beyond. I felt supported every step of the way. I graduated with honours. I feel tremendous gratitude toward all those at triOS College, who invested their time and expertise in me and my future.